- Bedrooms that are not located on the main floor can be made more accessible using a chairlift or elevator.
- Bedroom areas can be kept free of clutter and well lit, and accessibility can be improved with the installation of mobility devices and transfer lifts. These devices can greatly reduce the difficulty of getting into and out of bed.
- Phones can be hardwired and amplified, and can be made available and easily accessible for use in case of emergency, including during a power outage.
- Grab bars next to the bed can assist in transfer into and out of bed.
- Adjustable closet organizers can be installed to make access to clothing and other items safer and easier, and enable accessibility to change as needs change.